Environmental Risk Assessment
- Develop a risk assessment process to identify hazards, assess risks, and determine the effectiveness of risk controls
- Define a clear process of when to apply risk assessment, and what tools to use
- Lead and support risk assessments to generate meaningful evaluations about existing controls and their quality based on the involvement of people who do the work
- Baseline risk assessment, of whole or partial operations
- Issue and theme based risk assessment
- Task Analysis, and field tools such as Take-5
- Process Hazard Analysis, applying tools such as HAZOP
- Event-based risk analysis, using tools such as Bow-Tie analysis
- Communication techniques to summarise key areas of concern
- Provides risk-based priorities to inform the business strategy
- Engages and informs personal from across the operations on the stays of EHS risks
- Refocuses the business away from ‘reactive fire-fighting’ and onto ‘planned prevention’
Key Projects Related to Risk Assessment
Risk Assessment Strategy
Development of a risk assessment hierarchy, baseline EHS risk assessment for cement kilning operations, and development of in-field pre-job risk assessment tools and techniques, and later upgrade of this tool for ten different activities.
Baseline Environmental Risk Assessment
Baseline environmental risk assessment (aspects & impacts) for an underground gold and poly-metals mining operation, and associated support operations and infrastructure.
Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP) for the transportation, handling, and storage of a range of liquid and solid hazardous wastes.
Bow Tie Assessments
Execution of approximately ten bow-tie risk assessments for critical risks of the operation, including fall of ground, pedestrian-vehicle interactions, and dust exposure.
Get in touch with Futuris Consulting’s team of professionals to start analyzing what we can do for your business.