Occupational Health and Safety
- Design and manage occupational monitoring programs for specific hazards and exposure conditions.
- Highlight improvements needed to control exposure (equipment, systems and people).
- Physical agents monitoring (noise, lighting, temperature and vibrations).
- Chemical agents monitoring.
- Other environmental agents monitoring (water quality, explosive atmospheres).
- Effective solutions through agreements with certified labs.
- Use of internationally recognized methodologies (such as ISO 9612, ISO 8995, ACGIH).
- Actions tailored to the management team and based on risk assessments.
- Assess ergonomic risks at work stations.
- Solve ergonomic challenges by proposing improvements regarding infrastructure, systems and people.
- Incorporate ergonomic risk factors to the design and planning phases.
- Detailed revisions of ergonomic performance at workstations.
- Application of internationally recognised risk assessment methodologies and techniques (NIOSH, OSHA, ACGIH, ANSI).
- Involvement of a multidisciplinary team: production, maintenance and medical equipment.
- Revision of ergonomic challenges by an ergonomics committee.
- Inclusion of the revision of ergonomic risks within change management processes.
- Training and awareness about chronic ergonomic injuries.
- Viable and effective mitigation solutions involving: infrastructure, systems and people.
- Higher awareness across the organisation about ergonomic risks.
- Improvements in working conditions and long term decrease in complaints.
- Develop an EHS risk assessment process to identify hazards, assess risks and determine the effectiveness of controls.
- Define a clear process as to when to carry out a risk assessment and what tools to use.
- Lead and support risk assessments to obtain valuable information regarding existing controls and their quality through the involvement of the workstation users.
- Baseline risk assessments.
- Topic-specific risk assessments.
- Job safety analysis (JSA).
- Process hazard analysis (PHA) with tools like HAZOP.
- Event-based risk analysis using methodologies such as Bow Tie.
- Identification of hazards and vulnerability during emergencies.
- Communication techniques to highlight the main areas of interest.
- Risk-based prioritization as input for business strategy.
- Staff involvement regarding risks.
- Proactive decision making strategy instead of reactive.
- Support businesses so they operate under high standards in the areas of Environment, Health and Safety.
- Ensure an Environment, Health and Safety strategy that is endorsed by top management and permeates the entire company.
- Include risk management in daily decisions at the company.
- Development of a business strategy based on risk management.
- Development of occupational health programs, emergency action plans and integrated waste management programs.
- Establishment of basic components to enable solid management systems such as ISO 45001 and ISO 14001.
- Activation and incentives for leadership across all levels of the organisation.
- Promotion of a positive mindset change across all levels of the organisation.
- Skills development through workshops and training.
- Supervision and reviewing of permits and deliverables.
- Development of state-of-the-art strategies for your company.
- Improvement in compliance and development of risk management.
- An external and continuous perspective on your company’s Environmental, Health and Safety performance.
- Access to all skills and expertise Futuris has to offer, for a fixed monthly fee.
Management of Asbestos
- Identify materials containing (or potentially containing) asbestos in buildings.
- Assess health hazards and exposure risks.
- Define a strategy based on risk levels or the removal of asbestos-containing materials.
- Site inspection to identify potential asbestos-containing materials.
- Field sampling and lab analysis to confirm the presence of asbestos.
- Recommendations for in-situ management, removal and disposal.
- Remediation of materials with a high probability of containing asbestos, based on type and exposure routes.
- In-situ coordination for the removal, encapsulation and proper disposal of asbestos-containing materials.
- Development and implementation of an asbestos management plan.
- Effective removal of asbestos-containing materials.
- Legal compliance regarding asbestos-containing materials.
- Elimination or management of a critical exposure hazard.
Key Projects Related to Occupational Health and Safety
- Immigration Service (Costa Rica)
- Hologic Surgical Products (Costa Rica)
- Haynes Brands Inc. (Costa Rica
- Bekaert (Costa Rica)
- Holcim (Costa Rica)
Category: Government & Public Services
Ergonomic evaluation for eight immigration offices across the country and a total of 228 workers. 225 evaluations of computer stations, 15 MAC evaluations (assessment of manual handling), 27 evaluations ART (assessment of repetitive movements) and 228 anthropometric evaluations were applied. Improvements were proposed in infrastructure, training requirements and the creation of a 5S program.
Risk Assessment in Health, Safety and Ergonomics
Category: Pharmaceutical & Health Care
Risk Assessment in Health, Safety, and Ergonomics, for 252 production job stations. A tool was developed that combined the results of ergonomic evaluations (through ART and MAC) and the analysis of other health and safety hazards. In addition, a rotation plan was developed for each line of product manufacturing in which positions with low residual ergonomic risk rotated with others of high ergonomic risk, in order to decrease the risk level.
Occupational Exposure Assessments
Category: Industrial Manufacturing
Occupational exposure assessments for noise, dust and chemical agents for three clothing manufacturing facilities.
Industrial Hygiene Study
Category: Industrial Manufacturing
Industrial hygiene study that evaluated exposure of workers in the drawing area to respirable particles and, in the galvanized area, to zinc in respirable particles and hydrochloric acid vapors.
Development of a risk assessment strategy
Baseline risk assessment for the operation of a cement plant and its mines, through the development of a tool to identify possible hazards, unwanted events, risk level and existing and additional controls.
Get in touch with Futuris Consulting’s team of professionals to start analyzing what we can do for your business.